Among other effects of the shutdown included in the report were:
• The shutdown delayed energy development because the Bureau of Land Management was unable to process about 200 applications for permit to drill.
• It hindered trade by putting import and export licenses on hold.
• It disrupted private-sector lending to individuals and businesses because banks and lenders could not access government income and Social Security numbers to verify information submitted by those seeking loans.
• The Small Business Administration could not process about 700 applications for $140 million in small business loans.
• There has been delays in the approval of medical products, devices and drugs by the Food and Drug Administration.